When snow is expected, please help our public works crews by taking these steps:
• Utilize off street parking and avoid parking on the streets as much as possible.
• If you don’t have a regular off-street parking area, consider moving your car when the crew starts plowing your street.
• Please give our snow plow operators plenty of room when you see them out working.
• Maintain snow removal of your sidewalks, and driveways. Snow should be deposited on your property, NOT in the streets. Shoveling snow from your property into the streets is against City code and could result in a fine (QMC Chapter 12.28.040).
• As set out in QMC Chapter 12.21, it is the duty of persons owning and occupying premises adjacent to sidewalks to maintain such sidewalks, and it is reasonable and necessary that persons owning and occupying premises adjacent to sidewalks make all reasonable efforts to clear the sidewalks which they control of snow and ice in a prudent fashion so that those public rights-of-way remain accessible and safe for their intended public use.
The streets are plowed according to priority:
- Emergency Routes
- School Bus Routes
- Downtown and Primary Routes
- Residential Streets
- Approved Senior and Disabled Driveway Windrow (Please note it may take several hours after a street has been plowed for the windrow to be cleared.)
For more information regarding snow removal, please refer to Chapter 12.28 of the Quincy Municipal Code.